The game runs very well for me with MX-15 Debian Jessie 32 bit. I have not fully understood it yet but it gets better every time I play it. A help file would make it easier to understand how this game works.
A downloadable game for Windows, Linux, and Android
Shift'em Mania is an amazing and fun tactical puzzle game with unique procedural generated levels where you play against AI or another Human via local multiplayer. Inspired by the popular 1990's DOS game Bolo Ball.
Your objective is to get your own balls to the bottom of a maze. Well, it's not as easy as it sounds. The levels are filled with obstacles: various arrow ramps, concrete walls and teleportation portals which will affect the movement direction of the ball.
You can use various strategies in order to win. Think more than one move ahead in order to achieve the highest possible score. Use walls to your advantage as they are destroyed at the end of the round. Block your opponent by pushing your own balls into strategic positions to prevent such actions against you. Collect bonus score and accumulate Super-Power as the ball accelerated with the Super-Power will break the first obstacle in its path.
If you are self confident try to beat the computer at the Extreme level of difficulty as in this case there will be no room for a mistake.
- Unlimited gameplay due to procedurally generated random levels;
- Two game modes: Quick Game and Tournament;
- In Tournament mode you can choose the gaming session length: 1 Round, 2 Rounds or 3 Rounds;
- Choose the number of balls: 15 or 30;
- Each round implements its own unique features;
- A large number of obstacles and power-ups;
- 4 levels of AI difficulty: Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme;
- Play against other person via local multiplayer on the same PC or mobile device;
- Beautiful 1080p high resolution graphics and amazing particle effects;
- Amazing background music;
- Hi-score and statistics;
- Simple and easy-to-use controls using keyboard, mouse or touch screen;
- Recommended for all ages!
Game last updated at 16th October 2018.
Game official website: existical.com
Facebook page: facebook.com/ExisticalGames/
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Android|
|Release date||Aug 13, 2016|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, ball, Cartoon, Indie, indiegame, Local multiplayer, logic, maze, Tactical|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen|
|Player count||1 - 2|
To install Shift'em Mania on
Debian/Ubuntu Linux please run following command from the Terminal:
sudo dpkg -i shift-em-mania.deb
The default installation directory is /opt/shift-em-mania
To remove please run following:
sudo apt-get remove shift-em-mania
Also available on
- Shift' Em Mania game stability and perfomance updateOct 12, 2018
- Shift'em Mania updateSep 19, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Super disappointed to find out there are ads in the Itch.io version of the game, with no way to disable them, and no indication on the Itch page that the game has ads or option to purchase a full version. The game is really fun and smooth, but I'd rather at least have the option to give the dev a dollar or two than play a game from Itch with ads.